Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Billy Blanks Has Nothing On Kix Boxing

How awesome would it be to see a SL version of pop fitness-icon Billy Blanks? To one day teleport to a random Hawaiian-esque destination, sun setting in the background, and watch Billy Blanks (along with his chiseled SL posse) commanding repetitively at us to complete seven thousand squats until our avatar legs caved in! Come on - you and I both know we'd love every minute of pain!

Since there's no virtual Blanks guiding us through our 'upper cuts' and 'knee lifts' (believe me, I've searched) I figured I should explore the possibilities of how one might go about becoming the first fitness personality in SL.

In light of my new mission, yesterday I took a trip to Machinima Institute and Cafe (63, 20, 22) to find out more on making movies in Second Life. If I want to make fitness videos, I might as well learn how to capture SL-movies, right? Although the institute was deserted, there were tutorials available to help ambitious Hollywood-wannabes.

I followed the step-by-step guide for capturing movies in SL, but for some reason my computer did not save my movie recordings (and I'm not even sure I recorded anything correctly).

After twiddling around a bit, I gave up trying to be Scorsese. I haven't given up on the idea just yet. In fact, I'm planning to go back to the institute when SL-residents are around in hopes of asking people to help troubleshoot my technical problems.

I'll keep you posted on my progress...

No comments: