Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Way to an Avatar's Heart...

We all know that a way to an avatar's heart is through her stomach. So eating well in SL is important.

Today I visited MDKiosk (112, 112, 30) which is full of healthy resources. Individual health videos are available on various topics - from acne to ulcers. I couldn't view the videos because I couldn't get the links to work, but if anyone gets them to work, please let me know - I'd really like to see them.

Also, in the main lobby, there was a dining table full of delicious food, each with a tidbit of information about healthy nutrition tips (such as what constitutes a healthy serving of veggies, what are good sources of fiber, etc.). There is plenty of food to share - a great way to meet your friends and have an enjoyable meal. I consumed a hot meal during my visit.

The second floor of the venue had a very limited fitness facility, hardly comparable to some of the other gym and health clubs I've visited. But it was adequately equipped with a mat (for floor activities) and a treadmill. I found the following sign by the stairs to be quite relevant for SL residents: "Burn calories by taking the stairs rather than teleporting."

Well said.

No comments: